This vegan caramel sauce is perfect for adding a rich and buttery flavor to your cookies. It's also incredibly versatile and can be used as a topping for ice cream, cakes, and more. Plus, it's easy to make and uses simple ingredients that you may already have on hand.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- In a medium-sized saucepan, heat the granulated sugar and water over medium heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Increase the heat to high and cook without stirring until the mixture turns a deep amber color, about 6-8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and carefully whisk in the coconut milk, vegan butter, vanilla extract, and salt until well combined.
- Return the pan to the heat and simmer for an additional 2-3 minutes until the caramel sauce thickens.
- Let the caramel sauce cool for a few minutes before drizzling it over your favorite cookies.